But in all the beauty and glow of the world, in all its shining colors, there is not a single one so beautiful, so rich, so vibrant, and so completely mesmerizing, that its beauty cannot be described in words – it can only be experienced, and then only by donning it. That loveliest of colors is what the Quran calls sibghatallah – the Color of Allah.
The “sibghah” of Allah, and who can be better than Allah in “sibghah”? And we are His worshippers.
What is the Color of Allah? The meaning refers to a lifestyle steeped in His obedience, a life lived purely and completely for Him, in which He is the center we revolve around and all others pale in comparison to Him – a life where He alone is the object of all our desires and emotions and our love.’
Sibghah can be of two types: one in which we take the color of something and the other when we take the influence of something. The ayah means to take the sibghah of Allah – He has many attributes and it is our duty to adopt those attributes and color ourselves in the color of Allah.
Allah is so generous and gracious that he shows haya with his servants. He will be to shy to punish and will forgive. Even if a believer sins, He will forgive them no matter the sin (except shirk).
- Learn about Allah: Why was the Prophet (peace be upon Him) the most attached to Allah?
- Because he knew Him the most.
- Read & Study the Qur’an.
- Perform Qiyam – this will prevent you from sinning and is a way to redeem yourself with Allah after sinning.
- Do Dhikr.
- Remember death and afterlife.
- Be with those who remind you of Allah.
- Reading the inspiring stories of the Prophet (peace
be upon Him) and other righteous people.